Sunday, March 28, 2010

talking points 6 Tim Wise

First off I think this one of the best topics chosen in the class this semester. I really this video a lot for many reasons. I liked the way that Tim Wise depicted everything about race in his video. I have never read his book before but I am sure it is a good read. One of the best quotes that he said it does not matter what color skin you, even a buffoon like Bush can be president. This really goes along way, because it really shouldn't matter what your skin color looks like to be a senator, representative, mayor, lobbyist, mayor, or even president. This is really important, because while the campaigning was going on, there were a lot of people out there who didn't vote for him because he was black and quickly went the other way. I find that really stupid, and Wise does a good job explaining that about stereotyping people. It constantly keeps going on, and I am sure by him winning made all of the white supremacists very upset and outraged.



On his comments about Brown vs Board I think since 1954 people have been very angry especially in the southern states because i think that is where most of the hatred comes from half the time because the schools down there were the only ones segregated between white and black students. I really think 50 years later we still haven't come away from having racial things said in classrooms everywhere and it is not right at all. I would think people would come to there senses about having black and whit people in the same classroom. What's the point if people just wouldn't care about what other people are doing there would be less racial things to say and people could simply move on. But that will never happen in this society.

1 comment:

Yana Stetsyuk said...

Racial equality will never happen in this society? Wow, you are very pessimistic...